Friday, March 9, 2007

The Great Mistake

A few years ago I made a mistake. I decided to trade in our N64 and all our games for a Game Boy Advance SP. I didn't realize this was a mistake until much later when my wife revealed to me the fact that she missed playing Mario Kart with me. Now my wife detests all forms of electronic simulation. She can't stand video games in any format, and hates what they do to men my age. You know, playing seemingly mindless games for hours on end with my "idiot friends," neglecting familial responsibilities, etc. So for her to say, "I miss playing Mario Kart together. It was the only video game I ever liked and will ever play," was a big deal.

My mission was clear. Within fifteen minutes I had a console, controllers, and Mario Kart on hold for me. I brought it home, put the kids to bed, and my wife and I rekindled a fire we had been too long without. It was amazing how something so simple could be so great. I just thought you should know, that it's never too late to correct a big mistake. Tonight I made things right again, and for the record once again,

"I'm a Luigi, I'm a number one."

No comments: