Wednesday, March 7, 2007

AI07 Confession

It's time for confession. I fantasize about being the winning contestant of American Idol. Yeah, I just said that. I usually do this in the shower. See the shower is the most important place in my home. The shower is where I get my inspiration. I think it's the process of the water penetrating my thick hair that lubricates my brain and causes a mass explosion of creativity. I do my best thinking in the shower. I right all my best songs in the shower. I come up with the best come backs to past insults in the shower, I once spent two hours in a shower and when I emerged, I had a completed screenplay in my hands. The shower is my special place. It also happens to be the place where I act out my American Idol fantasies. This can be dangerous though. I have to make sure I don't get too into my number while in the shower. I've injured myself during power vocals. You know how it is, you're hitting that part of the song where you spread your legs out as if you're about to go into a windmill (if you were playing the guitar) and you outstretch your mic hand and tilt your head up. Then you really belt it out. The only problem is when conducting this maneuver in the shower, you risk slippage and therefore serious injury. I don't know how many times I've pulled something before slamming down on the tub floor, taking the shower curtain with me.

When I'm not working on my audition skills I usually just fold my arms, face the water, and lean up against the wall. This is my meditation stance. I like to turn the hot water up for this one as it helps me relax even more. I get the most out of my brain during this time in the shower. All my deep thoughts derive from this. Fortunately for me, I don't have to pay the water bill.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

Erik shares the same obsession. He has decided that his audition song will be "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid. Sadly though, he turns 29 this summer and might be too old. He missed his chance.