Saturday, June 23, 2007

Vampires


This summer is the summer of Vampires. My wife introduced me to this book called Twilight by BYU grad Stephanie Meyer. Apparently this is a "chick book." It's about a teenage girl who moves to Forks Washington to live with her dad. Shortly after moving to Forks, she becomes involved with a Vampire and his undead family. Romantic, action and undead terror ensue. I read this book in a few days. I was totally engrossed in it. I did not expect to become so interested in this book but it was very well written and captured the emotional ups and downs of teenagedom really well.

Last night I watched Under World and Under World Evolution. I am now reading New Moon, the sequel to Twilight and in August the author of the series is coming to my Sister in Law's town for a book signing and my wife and I are trying to get my Sister in Law to get us a signed copy of the third title in the series: Eclipse.

I have heard rumors of a Twilight movie deal being in the works and I hope it works out. All this talk of vampires has got me wondering though.

Why do they call them the "undead?" I'm not dead; could I not go by that title as well? They call Zombies that too. So what exactly does undead mean? You're thoughts please (in haiku form of course).

1 comment:

Danica said...

So you're hooked, too, huh? But c'mon, Under World I & II? I think that's going a little far.